Statement of Faith:
Harvest Chapel is a non-denominational body of believers who believe in the literal, inerrant Word of God and who seek to make the Word their standard for living and believing. Preferential issues (i.e, "convictions") such as worship style, the use of spiritual gifts and diverse versions of the Bible shall be treated with grace corporately and examined, for growth's sake, privately, that all things may be done in order.
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings and that they are of supreme and final authority in Faith and Life.
2 Tim 3:16-17; 2 Pet 1:20-21
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; equal in power and glory.
Gen. 1:1; Matt 28:19; 2 Cor 13:14; Luke 3:21-22; Titus 3:4-7; 1 John 5:7
- We believe in God the Father, creator of heaven and earth, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power.
John 5:26 & 3:16-17; Heb 1:6; Matt 3:17; 2 Pet 1:17
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God's one and only Son, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, as true God and true man, sinless in His life, making full atonement of the sin of the world by His death on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascention into heaven, His high priestly intercession for His people, and His personal, visible return to the world according to His promise.
1 Tim 3:16; Col 1:15-17, & 2:9; John 1:1,14, 8:58, 10:30 & 19:19-28; Matt 1:18;
2 Cor 5:21; 1 Pet 2:24; Heb 9:24; Acts 1:11; 1 Thes 4:16-17
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from God to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit is given for the common good and gives spiritual gifts working within the believer through the limitless power of God.
John 16:7-15; Rom 8:9,16; 1 Cor 12; Eph 4:30
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred for all generations not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God. we believe that all who repent and receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
Gen 1:26-27; Isa 53:6 & 64:6; John 3:18; Rom 3:10,26, 5:12 & 6:23; Eph 2:1-10
- We believe in the church, a living, spiritual body of which Christ is the Head, and of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that a visible church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, buried in Him in baptism, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We believe that to the visible church was committed for observance " 'til He come," the ordinance of baptism and the Lord's supper. We also believe that God has laid upon the church the task of telling a lost world about Jesus Christ and how to receive Him as Savior, and to enthrone Him as Lord and Master.
2 Cor 6:16-18; Rom 12:1-2; Heb 2:12; Matt 28:18-20, 10:1-15 & 16:13-18